Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Saving a Gem...

I have this tendency to want to make things that are old look new again.  I found this gem of a sewing machine and just knew I could do something wonderful with it.  It's a White sewing machine.  In my search to find parts and a service manual, I soon realized that my task wasn't going to be as easy as I hoped.

This machine was in really good condition until the people I bought it from put the cabinet in the back of my car.  The piece in the front of the machine got bent and scratched.  In addition, the back of the cabinet was damaged.  When I got it home I was pretty discouraged. None the less, I was determined to turn my garage sale find into something that I could look at every day and enjoy.  So, I was on a quest to find another machine that I could use as parts.  I was so surprised to find two machines like this because they are like hens teeth!

I hope you enjoy the process!